Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Otto's: Moroccan

Mike and I have decided to keep trying different cuisines other than the traditional Italian, Chinese, French etc. Also, we're trying to keep away from chain restaurants like La Tasca, Frankie and Bennies, TGI Fridays for a few examples. 
Last time we tried a quaint Spanish Tapas restaurant, this time we tried Moroccan. I think this cuisine idea came as a recommendation that Mike got from a regular at work. He thought that the name began with M but when I researched it, this was the restaurant that came up most often. 
It's called Otto's Moroccan Restaurant and when I saw pictures of it I remembered that I had walked past it before whilst I was studying in Sheffield. I only gave it a thought as one of my friends' nicknames is Otto ha! Took a picture and sent it to him, obviously.

Here's the website: Otto's Restaurant   

Here's some reviews: Otto's Restaurant Trip Advisor

As I read up on it, the more I wanted to go. The reviews say it's great. Obviously I didn't take everything at face value as different people would have had different experiences however, the majority of the reviews are very positive. 

In hindsight, we should have gone on a different night. We went on a Sunday and we were the only people in the place. It was very nice but would have been nice to have more people for a better atmosphere. Apparently, it's great on a Friday or Saturday with live piano playing. There were adverts for live belly dancing nights as well which I think would be great to experience. 

The food was lovely and the price of the set menus wasn't too bad either even with the £3 supplement for the lamb tagine we had. The lamb was so tender, it fell off the bone. To be honest, I thought that tagine was something totally different to what we had and if we went again we said that we'd got a side portion of cous cous. We both thought that it had rice but apparently it's kind of stew. Either way it was very nice and this is coming from someone who isn't a big lamb eater (from having a previous preoccupation of not wanting to eat animals with cute faces, obviously I've been missing out). The chocolate tart I had for the pudding was scrummy as well. 

One of the things I found was good was the fact that it is a licensed property but you can bring your own beer and wine, there's a corkage for using their glasses but this would make it cheaper overall. Some of the reviews say that the shop across the road does cheap wine and beer which is convenient. We didn't have any alcohol as I was driving home in the evening. The location of the restaurant is on Hunter's Bar which is a bit out of the way, well it's about 30 minute walk from the centre, but as Mike lives near there it's easier for us to get there than go into the centre. 

Overall, Otto's is worth the money but I'd suggest going on a busier night :D

Next time I go to Sheffield I think the cuisine is Turkish. Plus I'm going to try bouldering :s Wish me luck as Mike said it was difficult and he's in a lot better shape than I am.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment